Cruising from Port Metro Vancouver
For more than 30 years, the Port Metro Vancouver has been a leading homeport for Alaska cruises. The Port's two cruise terminals, Canada Place and Ballantyne, are conveniently located and only 30 minutes away from the Vancouver International Airport. Canada Place is located in the city centre, close to shopping, dining, attractions, and Stanley Park. Ballantyne is located east of the city centre and close to Canada Place. The cruise terminals are modern, secure, and world-class.
We continue to offer cruise passengers more ships and departures dates to choose from than any other port. The Port welcomed 199 ship visits and more than 663,000 revenue passengers at its two cruise terminals, Canada Place and Ballantyne, which offer all the modern conveniences and services for a positive and safe cruise experience.
Port Metro Vancouver's premier cruise facility is located in the city centre, at 999 Canada Place near excellent hotels, shopping, dining, entertainment and attractions. Its distinctive white sail design, five-star hotel, and the Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre make Canada Place an attractive start and finish to any cruise experience.
- Berths: 3
- Lengths: 506 m. (1,660 ft.); 329 m. (1,070 ft.); 274 m. (900 ft.)
- Depth: 8.4 m. (27.5 ft.) to 10 m. (33 ft.)
- Gangway Units: 2 automatic tide-sensored gangways at each berth.
- Baggage Area: 6,000 sq. m. (64,500 sq. ft.)
- Dock Apron: 9,500 sq. m. (102,700 sq. ft.)
- Vessel Services: Fresh water at dockside, ship telephone jacks, garbage collection (international and domestic), 24-hr. tug service, 24-hr. security.
- Passenger Services:
Ballantyne, Port Metro Vancouver's second cruise facility, is located at 851 Centennial Road, east of the city centre and just minutes away from Canada Place. The entire terminal underwent a major expansion and renovation in 1995, ensuring modern and efficient services to the cruise industry.
Travellers to Ballantyne have access to Ballantyne Cruise Terminal via Clark Drive or McGill Street Overpass only. There is no access to travellers via Victoria Drive and Heatley Avenue.
- Berths: 2 East Berth #1: 366 m. (1,200 ft.); West Berth #2: used as an overflow berth.
- Depth: 10 m. (33 ft.)
- Gangway Units: 2 automatic tide-sensored gangways.
- Baggage area: 2,320 sq. m. (25,000 sq. ft.)
- Dock apron: 10,100 sq. m. (109,000 sq. ft.)
- Vessel Services: Fresh water at dockside, ship telephone jacks, garbage collection (international and domestic), 24-hr. tug service, 24-hr security.
- Passenger Services: Individual baggage carts, food and drink concessions, full wheelchair access, full customs service, car and bus parking and taxi.