Vehicles driven on & off ships
Did you know? Nearly 100% of Asian-built automobiles destined for Canada arrive through our two automobiles terminals on the Fraser River.
- Fun Facts:
- We are the largest auto port on North America’s West Coast
- 300,000 automobiles are handled annually
- Vehicles are driven on and off RoRo vessels (roll on/roll off)
- Our two auto terminals operate extensive value added facilities that install various sound and body enhancements to the cars. This is an economic activity generator for the local economy.
- The ships that transport vehicles are called RoRo’s. They get their name from their cargo which rolls on and rolls off
- Our two auto terminals are :
- WWL Vehicle Services Canada Ltd. (Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics) – located on Annacis Island
- Fraser Wharves – located by Richmond Silvercity