Goods that need protection
Did you know? Most of our household goods arrived from overseas in containers.
- Fun Facts:
- There are three standard sizes of international containers - 20ft, 40ft, and 45ft.
- TEU (Twenty foot equivalent unit) is the universal measurement unit for containers
- Port Metro Vancouver handles moere than 2.5 million TEUs annually
- Refrigerated containers called "reefers" can transport temperature senstive material such as food and plants at specific temperature during long-distant journies.
- Our four container terminals:
- Centerm & Vanterm, in Vancouver
- Fraser Surrey Docks, in Surrey
- Deltaport, in Tsawwassen by Roberts Bank
Interested in following the journey of your smart phone from the country it was made in to your local store? Visit: About the Port or watch our commercial!