The Community Enrichment area speaks to initiatives, donations and sponsorship opportunities that make the communities we serve better. This category can include fundraisers, programs where employees are involved, and grassroots community (or regional) events and festivals.
We are involved in supporting and participating in a number of community events and initiatives (approximately 60-75 events annually). Some of the key Community Enrichment initiatives we support and the communities they benefit include:
- Vancouver International Children's Festival (Metro Vancouver)
- Delta Hospice Society (Delta)
- United Way Campaign (Metro Vancouver)
- Canada Day & Christmas at Canada Place (Metro Vancouver)
- Delta Hospital Foundation (Delta)
- Surrey Children's Festival (Surrey)
- YWCA Women of Distinction Awards (Metro Vancouver)
- Carnegie Centre (Vancouver)
- Richmond Maritime Festival (Richmond)
- Mission to Seafarers/Maritime Museum (Vancouver)
- Party on the Pier (North Vancouver)
- Tour de Delta (Delta)
- Golden Spike Days (Port Moody)
- Fraser Fest (New Westminster)
Annual Port Gala
In addition to supporting the events and programs listed above, PMV is also an active participant in the annual Port Community Fundraising Gala.
Together with our terminal partners - DP World, Fraser Surrey Docks, TSI-GCT and Western Stevedoring - this event, generously supported by the port community, has raised $786,000 for local charities over the past 11 years .
Mission Possible, in Vancouver’s downtown eastside, is the Gala’s anchor beneficiary. Also benefitting for the past four years is Harvest Project, a food bank on the North Shore. Other beneficiaries from our neighbouring communities rotate on an annual basis.
Do you have a community event or initiative that we might like to be involved in? Click here for our Community Investment Program guidelines and how to apply.