On April 13, 2014, the public comment period closed for the final phase of consultation on Port Metro Vancouver's Updated Land Use Plan. Thank you to everyone who provided their input. The consultation summary report will be available on PortTalk shortly.
Join the conversation!
Visit us at PortTalk to ask us a question on give your feedback on the Land Use Plan update process.
Phase 3 Stakeholder Workshops
Four stakeholder workshops were held in June 2013 in order to present proposed land use designations, as well as further review the goals, objectives and policy directions. The consultation summary is available online.
Phase 2 Stakeholder Workshops and Open Houses
Three stakeholder workshops and three open houses were held in October and November, 2012. The purpose of the events were to:
- Report on activities and input received to date
- Present draft goals, objectives and policy directions
- Discuss draft and gather feedback
- Describe next steps in the Land Use Plan process.
Participants were also invited to fill in a feedback form on the draft goals, objectives and policy directions. The consultation summary is available online.
Phase 1 Stakeholder Workshops and Open Houses
Five stakeholder workshops and three open houses were held between April and June 2012. During this first phase, we invited a diverse range of stakeholders, customers, First Nations, and community members to help us gather information on each theme and identify the specific topics that matter most.
The objectives of the Phase 1 stakeholder workshops were to:
- Present and gather comments on our current information;
- Gather new and additional information for each workshop theme; and
- Identify top issues and questions for policy to address.
Summary Reports of all the information gathered during Phase 1 are now available.
We are committed to the following consultation principles:
- Stakeholders and customers affected by or interested in the Land Use Plan will have fair and equal access to the process by which it is prepared
- Participants will be given the information they need to provide their advice and input in a meaningful way
- All input gathered through consultation activities will be duly considered and will have the potential to influence policy decisions
- The needs and interests of all participants, including decision-makers, will be recognized and communicated throughout the process
- Participants will be advised on how their input affected the Land Use Plan and the rationale behind policy decisions