Notice of Consultation
February 4, 2014
Thanks for your interest in the Land Use Plan Update. Here's how you can participate in the final phase of consultation on the Land Use Plan between February 10 and April 13, 2014.
Online at PortTalk (Available February 10)
- Read the consultation materials and the Land Use Plan when they are posted on February 10
- Submit a feedback form
- Comment on land use designations using our interactive mapping tool
- Participate in one of three webinars that provide background information on consultation to date and how to use the mapping tool (see schedule below for dates and registration details)
Plan to participate in one of three discussion sessions. Sessions are open to everyone, and to ensure adequate space and supplies, registration is requested.
to register for a discussion session.
Tuesday, March 4
BCIT Downtown Campus, 555 Seymour Street, Vancouver
Drop in - 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Presentation and discussion - 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- North Vancouver
Thursday, March 6
Pinnacle at the Pier, 138 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver
Drop in - 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Presentation and discussion - 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 8
Delta Town & Country Inn, 6005 Highway 17A, Delta
Drop in - 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Presentation and discussion - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Webinar 1: Understanding the Goals, Objectives and Policy Directions
Tuesday, February 18 - 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Webinar 2: Navigating the interactive mapping tool
Wednesday, February 19 - 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Webinar 3: How the updated Land Use Designations were developed
Tuesday, February 20 - 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Join the conversation!
Visit us at PortTalk to ask us a question on give your feedback on the Land Use Plan update process.
Phase 2 Stakeholder Workshops and Open Houses
Three stakeholder workshops and three open houses were held in October and November, 2012. The purpose of the events were to:
- Report on activities and input received to date
- Present draft goals, objectives and policy directions
- Discuss draft and gather feedback
- Describe next steps in the Land Use Plan process.
Participants were also invited to fill in a feedback form on the draft goals, objectives and policy directions. The Phase 2 Consultation Summary Report will be available soon.
Phase 1 Stakeholder Workshops and Open Houses
Five stakeholder workshops and three open houses were held between April and June 2012. During this first phase, we invited a diverse range of stakeholders, customers, First Nations, and community members to help us gather information on each theme and identify the specific topics that matter most.
The objectives of the Phase 1 stakeholder workshops were to:
- Present and gather comments on our current information;
- Gather new and additional information for each workshop theme; and
- Identify top issues and questions for policy to address.
Summary Reports of all the information gathered during Phase 1 are now available.
We are committed to the following consultation principles:
- Stakeholders and customers affected by or interested in the Land Use Plan will have fair and equal access to the process by which it is prepared
- Participants will be given the information they need to provide their advice and input in a meaningful way
- All input gathered through consultation activities will be duly considered and will have the potential to influence policy decisions
- The needs and interests of all participants, including decision-makers, will be recognized and communicated throughout the process
- Participants will be advised on how their input affected the Land Use Plan and the rationale behind policy decisions