The Overpass is open!
Port Metro Vancouver is committed to maximizing predictability during the construction period and minimizing disruption for nearby residents and the community. We are pleased to announce that the the 232nd Street overpass is now open. The new overpass replaces the current street-level crossing at the Canadian Pacific Rail Tracks, eliminating rail-related delays for the travelling public, improving rail efficiency and safety, for everyone.
Construction work will continue until the end of April 2014. Drivers should continue to be mindful of construction crews working in the area and obey posted signs.
Traffic advisories will be issued to notify of any upcoming major changes to traffic patterns. They can be found online in the Resources below, and at www.robertsbankrailcorridor.ca.
If you have any queries about the construction of the 232nd Street Overpass Project, please contact Jesse Percy at the BA Blacktop Head Office at 604-985-0611 or our Public Affairs team at 604-665-9066 or email.
About the project
232nd Street connects communities north of Highway 1, including the eastern section of Walnut Grove and Fort Langley, with the rest of Langley.
As part of the Roberts Bank Rail Corridor Program, the 232nd Street Overpass Project constructed a two-lane overpass that replaces the current street-level crossing of the rail tracks between 75th Avenue and 76A Avenue, eliminating delays for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians, and allowing for the possible future westward extension of the Rawlison rail siding.
Funding partners include Port Metro Vancouver, Transport Canada and Canadian Pacific Rail.
- Two 3.5-metre lanes with a 1-metre shoulder on each side
- A shared pedestrian/cyclist lane on both sides of the overpass with a protective concrete barrier
- A vertical realignment of 75th Avenue to connect with 232nd Street at approximately 4.5 metres above existing ground level
- A guard rail for the full length of the overpass
- A width of approximately 16 metres
- Overhead lighting for the full length of the overpass
- Roundabout at intersection of 72nd Avenue and 232nd Street.