The Deltaport Third Berth Project (DP3) required provincial approval under the British Columbia Environmental Assessment Act and federal approval following a review under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act.
The Project has been comprehensively reviewed by federal and provincial government agencies through a single, harmonized environmental assessment process facilitated by the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) and has been open to the full participation of stakeholders and the general public during all phases of the review.
The main on-site project components include:
- a wharf to create the third berth
- creation of land for a container storage yard
- tug moorage area
- ship access channel
- terminal services and infrastructure
The main off-site project components include:
- environmental habitat creation
- additional rail track
- road improvements
DP3 Environmental Assessment Application
On February 14, 2005 the Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) accepted the DP3 EA Application for review.
On September 29, 2006, we received a provincial environmental assessment certificate for DP3. The federal comprehensive study of DP3 was completed on December 8, 2006. On December 19, 2006, we received authorization under the Fisheries Act for the project. On January 2, 2007, we received authorization for the Disposal at Sea Permit Application under Canadian Environmental Protection Act for the project.
The DP3 EA Application and Supplemental Documents are available below and can be viewed at the following libraries:
- Delta Pioneer Library, 4683 - 51st Street, Ladner
- George Mackie Library, 8440 - 112th Street, Delta
- South Delta Library, 1321A - 56th Avenue, Tsawwassen
- Cloverdale Library, 5642 - 176A Street, Surrey
- Strawberry Hill Library, 7399 - 122nd Street, Surrey
- Langley Library, 20399 Douglas Crescent, Langley
Please note that Technical Volumes are only available in electronic format.
Supplemental Documents (December 2005)
Deltaport Third Berth EA Application
Deltaport Third Berth EA Application - Appendices