Port Metro Vancouver has issued a Project Permit and Schedule of Environmental Conditions for the Milltown Marina Project. Construction is expected to commence in December 2012.
Thank you to those who participated in the consultation process, your feedback helped to refine the originally proposed project which now includes two community amenity areas, a public observation point, as well as a publicly accessible park on the southeast corner of Richmond Island. Construction is expected to commence in December 2012 and we will post the schedule here once it has been finalized.
- For more information about the permit, please contact Jennifer Natland, Planner, by email or at 604.665.9206.
- To obtain a copy of the Environmental Screening Report, please contact Kim Keskinen, by email or at 604.665.9121.
About the project
Port Metro Vancouver has approved an application from Marina & Boatyard Ltd. and Milltown Moorage Company Ltd. (companies owned by a joint venture of Musqueam Marina Limited Partnership and Milltown Marina Limited Partnership) to jointly develop a commercial marina for recreational vessels at Richmond Island. This development site is located along the north shore of the North Arm of the Fraser River at the foot of Bentley Street in Vancouver. The development site consists of the upland portion referred to as Richmond Island as well as the slough located immediately north of the island. Richmond Island and the southern half of the slough are located within City of Richmond’s municipal boundary. The northern half of the slough is located within City of Vancouver.
The full application can be accessed via the links below. To summarize briefly here, the proposal includes:
- Dredging of approximately 70,000 cubic metres from the slough
- Creation of a habitat island
- Up to 9,000 linear feet of dock space for in-water moorage of 226 recreational vessels
- Upland dry-stack storage for an additional 190 recreational vessels
- A boat gantry crane and ramps connecting to the slough from Richmond Island
- 5,000 square feet of floor space in a Marine Trades building for a boat repair operation
- 9,000 square feet of floor space in a Marine Centre Services building for a café, marine supplies store and caretaker’s residence
- At-grade parking for 228 vehicles
- Pedestrian and cycling pathway along the existing access road connecting Bentley Street to Richmond Island
- Public observation deck at the foot of Bentley Street *new
- Publically accessible park on southeast corner of Richmond Island *new
- Installation of water, sanitary and electric services to the site